At one point or another in time, we all have experienced dizziness and headache. Although we consider these symptoms as part of life, these issues can significantly impact a person’s quality of life. The symptoms have a variety of causes, most of which can be effectively managed by the experienced medical professionals at urgent care clinics.
Common causes of dizziness and headache
Let us start with exploring some of the causes of dizziness.
• Inner ear problems: You already know how inner ear problems can cause issues with balance. Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV) is one such inner ear problem that can cause brief episodes of spinning sensations or vertigo.
• Low blood pressure: If you have low blood pressure, you may feel light-headed or dizzy when you quickly stand up or try to change positions.
• Dehydration: Dizziness is just one of the symptoms of dehydration. If you also exhibit other symptoms such as dark coloured urine, excessive thirst or dry mouth, you are most likely affected by dehydration.
• Side effects of medications: Anti-depressants and certain blood pressure medications often cause dizziness as a side effect. Your doctor at a walk in clinic around Pentagon will be able to recommend medications that do not cause such side effects.
Now let us classify headaches based on specific causes. Some common varieties of headache include:
• Tension headaches: This is the most common kind of headache that majority of people experience. Although this is often triggered by stress or anxiety, sometimes it can also be due to strain in the neck or shoulders.
• Sinus headaches: When you have an inflammation or infection in the sinus, you maybe affected by this kind of headache accompanied by other symptoms such as fever, congestion or facial pain.
• Cluster headaches: This is one of the rare forms of headaches that is generally indicated by severe pain on one side of the head, especially around the eye.
• Migraines: This is another common kind of headache that causes immense pain and other symptoms such as nausea and sensitivity to light and sound.
Do not ignore your episodes of headaches, especially if the pain is recurring and increasing in severity. Healthcare providers at Pentagon walk in clinic can help precisely diagnose the cause of your headache and provide immediate treatment and relief.
Treatment options available at walk in clinics
Remember that your treatment options for dizziness and headaches will ultimately depend on what is causing them in the first place. Here are some treatment options you may expect from the best urgent care clinics:
• Managing medications: If your dizziness is the side effect of a medication, the doctor at a walk in clinic will be able to prescribe a lower dosage of the same medication or suggest another medication that is unlikely to cause dizziness.
• BBPV treatment: If BBPV is the cause of your dizziness, walk in clinic around Pentagon may provide a treatment known as the Epley manoeuvre. This treatment consist of a series of systematic head movements designed to realign crystals within the inner ear, that in turn helps in diminishing symptoms such as vertigo.
• Fluid replacement: If dehydration is causing your dizziness, urgent care clinic will immediately offer fluid replacement treatments that include intravenous fluids.
• Pain management: To help you manage the pain associated with headaches, walk in clinics may provide over-the-counter or prescription painkillers depending on the severity of your pain and the underlying cause.
• Lifestyle changes: If stress, sedentary lifestyle, lack of exercise or sleep deprivation are some of the causes of your tension headaches, the doctors at walk in clinics may suggest lifestyle modifications.
Easily accessible, affordable and reliable, Pentagon walk in clinic is also notable for providing immediate access to consultation and treatment. So the next time dizziness or headache makes your life miserable, visit your nearest urgent care clinic.
Your search for an immediate clinic near me ends here. We are open on all days of the week, including weekends and holidays. Our extended working hours facility makes it easy for you to get medical attention anytime you need it without having to take time off from work.