8 Tips to Celebrate Healthy Thanksgiving: by Doctors in Arlington VA
Thanksgiving is around the corner; and while we give thanks for all the wonderful things and blessings in our life, we must also thank urgent care clinics. Thanks to them, the headache of rushing to a hospital or the panic during a sudden bout of illness is over.
Ambience that puts you at ease
The staff at a typical urgent care center is cordial and makes patients feel comfortable. Now, when you are at a place that is comfy and with a warm ambience, half of your “dis-ease” automatically vanishes. The other half is aptly handled by the doctors.
Having a bout of indigestion after overeating the delicious Thanksgiving dinner?
Had a minor cut while carving the turkey?
You can rest assure yourselves of urgent medical treatment just around the corner, that too, at a relatively 70 per cent lesser cost than that in a typical hospital.
So, while you busy yourselves preparing for your Thanksgiving bash, don’t forget to keep the numbers of your nearby doctors in Arlington, VA, handy. They are available all days of the week, even on holidays. You can also see them on extended hours. How convenient!
Appropriate vaccines and lots of care
Come Thanksgiving and there comes flu too.
Have you got your flu shots yet? Worry not, if you haven’t. You need not wait in long lines at the hospital or ruffle the pages of your diary to find the number of a doctor for appointment.
Simply walk in your nearby Arlington doctors office and get the shot as quickly as possible.
In an urgent care clinic:
- You hardly must wait. You are seen by a doctor in less than 30 minutes, even immediately at times.
- You get plenty of parking space.
- You need no prior appointment. This is a walk-in clinic.
- You get tested and get the treatment on the same day.
- You need not have an insurance to get treated here.
So, let the festivities begin, but on a cautious note. The pandemic is still there. It’s vital to take precautions as the temperature changes and nature prepares for the forthcoming winter.
Here are a few tips from doctors in Arlington, VA, clinic:
- Stay warm.
- Get your flu shot on time.
- Include immunity-boosting foods in your diet, such as turmeric, ginger, garlic, spinach, citrus, broccoli, yogurt, almonds, sweet potato, green tea, chicken soup, papaya, and pumpkin.
- Wear face masks whenever with people and outdoors.
- Practice social distancing.
- Wash hands frequently with soap and water for 20 seconds. Sanitize hands, in case soap and water are not available.
- Try to keep stress at a low level. Prolonged presence of the stress hormone cortisol is known to hamper immune response of the body.
- Do not ignore symptoms. Walk in an urgent care clinic in Arlington when you feel unwell. In case of Coronavirus symptoms, stay at home and call a doctor.
Last but not the least, count your blessings and practice gratitude. Yes, this helps to increase immunity! After all, Thanksgiving is all about this. And don’t forget, doctors in Arlington, VA, are easily available near you.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)