Stomach Ailments? Here’s Why You Must Visit An Urgent Care Clinic Right Now!
A considerable portion of hospital visits comprise of cases of stomach ailments ranging from mild discomfort to severe pain. Most of the time, stomach ailments are accompanied by symptoms such as nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, pain and discomfort.
Minor stomach issues can usually be managed at home with over-the-counter medications and adequate rest. However, more severe cases with intense, intolerable pain may require immediate medical attention. Rushing to a hospital may not guarantee you prompt access to medical professionals. This is why you must consider visiting an urgent care clinic.
Imagine walking into a clinic and being able to consult a doctor within minutes. This is exactly what you get at family urgent care near Arlington VA. You can walk right in and receive prompt access to consultation and treatment without having to book an appointment.
Stomach ailments treated at urgent care clinics
Remember that you can seek treatment for a range of stomach issues that are not life-threatening in any way. Visiting an urgent care clinic will be an excellent option when you need quick relief from the following stomach issues:
• Acid reflux: Stomach acid that is supposed to remain in the stomach sometimes travels up into the oesophagus, leading to discomfort and heartburn. Occasional incidents can be easily handled with over-the-counter medications such as anticids. However, if your acid reflux is intense, you need to get a thorough medical examination at an urgent care clinic. The doctors will either prescribe medications or refer you to a gastroenterologist.
• Gastroenteritis: Also known as stomach flu, this affects the digestive system and is accompanied by symptoms such as stomach cramps, vomiting, diarrhea and nausea. If the gastroenteritis turns severe, family medical walk in clinic in Arlington can provide necessary support such as IV fluids and medication to prevent dehydration and reduce infection.
• Food poisoning: If the food or water you consume is contaminated, you are at risk of food poisoning. The sudden onset of stomach cramps, nausea, diarrhea or vomiting may indicate food poisoning. If the situation appears severe, seek medical help right away. Urgent care clinics can provide IV fluids and medications to keep the situation under control.
• Peptic ulcer: This is basically a sore that forms along the stomach lining and is accompanied by symptoms such as bloating, abdominal pain and nausea. It is best to consult a medical professional at family urgent care near Arlington VA and follow the treatment plan.
• Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS): This is a chronic digestive issue that causes abdominal pain, bloating, diarrhea and constipation. Lifestyle changes, dietary changes and medication can help manage the condition. However, if the issue persists, do seek the help of a doctor at your nearest urgent care clinic.
Benefits of choosing urgent care clinics
Now let us take a look into the advantages of choosing urgent care clinics over regular clinics or hospitals.
• Convenient timings – Urgent care clinics are usually open late into the night and remain open on weekends as well.
• Quick access to medical care – You can walk in without an appointment and consult a doctor within minutes.
• Competent medical professionals – Experienced, trained and compassionate healthcare professionals will make your visit comfortable and hassle-free.
• Advanced diagnostic facilities – These clinics feature cutting edge diagnostic technologies and equipment for faster and more accurate diagnosis.
• Affordable costs – A visit to an urgent care clinic will cost far less than accessing the same treatment at a large hospital.
Now you know why it is best to choose family urgent care near Arlington VA to treat your stomach ailments. In addition to convenient timings and quick consultation, these clinics feature advanced diagnostic facilities and experienced healthcare professionals. That means you get reliable medical care at affordable rates. So the next time a stomach ailment strikes, visit your nearest walk in clinic for immediate relief.
(Visited 13 times, 1 visits today)