Omicron Variant Symptoms & Doctors’ Tips on How to Stay Safe
World Health Organization (WHO), on November 26, 2021, declared B.1.1.529, called the Omicron variant of Coronavirus, as a “Variant of Concern” as per the advice of Technical Advisory Group on Virus Evolution (TAG-VE) of WHO. This is based on TAG-VE’s presentation of evidence that Omicron displays several mutations that impact its behavior.
Omicron is a heavily mutated variant of the Coronavirus. Preliminary studies have referred to this virus as mild, but the virus has proved that it spreads faster than novel Coronavirus.
That’s why doctors all over the world are urging people to practice the original Covid-19 protocols. A few nations are pondering over re-imposing of lockdowns.
Doctors in Arlington, VA, are available all days of the week and extended hours to help patients fight with this new and threatening variant. But you must wear a face mask (double mask, as advised by doctors) before you step outside the house.
A UK study had enumerated five symptoms, which were akin to the common cold. They are:
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
A latest study has added two more symptoms:
These symptoms were also found in people who were fully vaccinated.
According to the lead scientist of the study, the symptoms of Omicron are quite similar to the common cold. That’s why it is highly recommended that people with a common cold should stay at home.
Just like we did back in 2020 when the novel Coronavirus was rampant, we need to follow the same protocols for Omicron:
- Wash hands frequently and for 20 seconds with soap and water.
- When outside, keep a sanitizer to keep your hands clean.
- Wear a proper face mask.
- Stay six feet away from people.
- Avoid crowds.
- Step out of the home only when necessary. Avoid unnecessary hangouts with friends, parties, and other gatherings.
- Discourage social gatherings at your home or outside.
- Keep your home well-ventilated. Open the windows. Let fresh air in and stale air out.
- Immediately wash hands after coming from outside; only then you should touch other things in the house. If possible, change your clothes too.
- If possible, work from home.
- Get fully vaccinated.
- Take care of your health and strengthen immunity by balanced meals, exercise, and good thoughts.
- Rush to an urgent doctor near Pentagon as soon as you experience any symptoms. Or you may consult them on call.
- Avoid going out when you have a common cold.
Earlier studies state that Omicron is a mild variant of the Coronavirus, but WHO dismisses this statement. We must not lower our guards thinking that the virus is mild. We still need to be cautious and follow all possible ways to prevent contracting this virus.
According to WHO, this virus may be mild, but it shows greater transmissibility than that of Coronavirus. This means it can quickly affect a large chunk of the population. This can overwhelm the healthcare systems of the country, leading to more deaths. Every citizen should take the responsibility of fighting against Omicron by following the protocols properly. If you feel unwell, immediately contact doctors in Arlington, VA, urgent care clinic.
(Visited 30 times, 1 visits today)